How to care for your hand painted silk scarf or garment:
- Always hand wash!
- Do not dry clean or put in a washing machine even if you have a “delicate” or “handwash” cycle.
- Use cool water—hot water will cause the colors to run.
- Use a mild detergent or shampoo—I use baby shampoo.
- Do not use Woolite or laundry detergent (too harsh).
- Gently squeeze water from the garment—do not wring—silk doesn’t like to be tightly wrung out!
- Place the silk on a towel and pat dry then while still slightly damp, use a dry iron on the “silk” setting to press.
- Always press on the back side, especially if the design uses a resist. The iron will stick to the resist if pressed on the front. If you do need to press the front side, just put a pressing cloth over the silk and press on top of the cloth. If necessary, lightly dampen the cloth.